Monday, April 10, 2023

Sandy's Casserole

A chicken casserole that has Cheddar cheese and elbow macaroni as the main ingredients.

Sandy's Casserole Ingredients

  • 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni

  • 2 (5 ounce) cans chunk chicken

  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

  • 2 cups milk

  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup

  • 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms

  • cup chopped onion

How to Make Sandy's Casserole

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

  2. In a large bowl combine the macaroni, chicken, cheese, milk, soup, mushrooms and onion. Mix together and transfer mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish.

  3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.

Sandy's Casserole Nutritions

  • Calories: 508 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 40.2 g

  • Cholesterol: 83.5 mg

  • Fat: 24.6 g

  • Fiber: 2.1 g

  • Protein: 30.3 g

  • SaturatedFat: 11.8 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 1252.8 mg

  • Sugar: 5.7 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Sandy's Casserole Reviews

  • I was hesitant about trying this recipe, after reading prior reviews that said the noodles didnt completely cook. I went ahead and made it exactly according to the recipe instructions and boy was it good Dee-lish There were a few noodles that turned out to be a little crunchy when it was done, but this did not detract from the casserole. The few noodles still crunchy after baking had been located on top of the casserole, where they didnt get as much moisture from the liquid ingredients as the rest did. Stirring one time halfway through cooking will solve that; that is the only change I will make to the recipe when I make it next time. The flavor was really delicious and its very easy to prepare. Glad I tried it

  • This recipe was one of the quickest and most delicious i found on the web. It was VERY easy to whip together. I did change it a little. I added cream of mushroom soup for one of the cans of cream of chicken soup and omitted the mushrooms because thats what I had in my cupboard. I also covered the casserole with tin foil for alotted 45 minutes and then removed it for an extra ten minutes. This helped the noodles cook. I also topped it for the last ten minutes with French Fried Onions. It was delicious I will definitely cook this one again.

  • This was fantastic I was very skeptical after reading that the noodles didnt cook all the way through in several reviews. My 2-1/2-year-old helped me assemble this and actually ate it, which is saying something for my picky little girl. My husband, who has a hard time trying "new" things, was very surprised and actually ate seconds. He said it was "very good." I did substitute one can of cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom soup. I also added some salt and pepper to the mixture before baking. I baked mine for 65 minutes with stirring once after 25 minutes. I covered it with aluminum foil for the first 45 minutes, then topped it with a layer of french fried onions. It was delicious. The noodles were perfect. The casserole was not runny I will make this again and again. Thank you Sandy

  • This was such a fast and easy recipe. Im definitely going to make this again for dinner. I was really confused at first about whether or not the pasta needed to be cooked first so I ended up cooking it for 5 minutes in the pot. It didnt do any damage and the casserole turned out great Also, I think its better to keep the foil over it at all times unless you want some cheese on the top. I bet it will taste even better with a little bit of oregano or green onions.***I retried this recipe without cooking the pasta and it didnt turn out as great. So people, please make sure to cook your pasta for at least 5 minutes before mixing it in.

  • This recipe was a good kid friendly recipe. I did modify a few things so I could use ingredients I already had at home. I used egg noodles and cooked them part way. I also used 1 can fat free cream of chicken and 1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup with only 1 soup can of milk. I used 1lb fresh chicken instead of canned, I just boiled the chicken and chopped it up. I also used light velveeta cheese instead of cheddar. I also put it into my crock pot instead of baking it.

  • Oh wow, what a simple and DELICIOUS recipe I love the simplicity of the ingredients and how fast it was to whip up and pop in the oven. We mixed up the ingredients, popped it in the oven and went to play at the park with our daughter. We came home 45 minutes later to the house smelling yummy and a delicious meal Unlike previous reviews our macaroni was cooked all the way through so there were no problems with that. We left out the onions and used all white meat chicken breast in the can and it tasted great Thanks Sandy for posting it...be sure to try this one for one of those nights when you want to whip up a fast and easy meal

  • Very good, although a little bland. I used whole wheat macaroni, traded one cream of chicken for a cream of mushroom, added frozen broccoli, omitted the can of mushrooms, and added onion powder instead of the onion. I covered it with tin foil while cooking until the last 10 minutes and stirred halfway, and the pasta turned out perfectly. Will definitely make again.

  • Sandy, your a genius What a fast, easy and great meal I used 1 can cream of mushroom instead of 2 cream of chicken and also added diced pimentos for color. Cooked covered until the last 10 minutes. Everything turned out great Nobody wouldve guessed I prepared this in less than 5 minutes. Will make this easy dish again

  • This was great A cinch to make and my husband loved it, (which says a lot). Definitly will make this again. I also substituted one can of cream of chicken with cream of mushroom.

  • Wow, what a delicious and quick dish Everyone loved it, including my 3yr old and 10 yr. old. I dont know if canned chicken is available here in Canada, but I couldnt find it in my grocery store so I poached a couple of chicken breast in garlic and basil, then cubed them. It was really delicious and flavourful. I also added some peas for colour, and I think next time Ill try other veggies as well--maybe some broccoli or aspargus.

  • Sandy, your a genius What a fast, easy and great meal I used 1 can cream of mushroom instead of 2 cream of chicken and also added diced pimentos for color. Cooked covered until the last 10 minutes. Everything turned out great Nobody wouldve guessed I prepared this in less than 5 minutes. Will make this easy dish again

  • After reading the reviews, I made the decision to cook the macaroni before adding it to the casserole ingredients. I think making this decision helped keep some of the excess starch and gummy-ness out of the casserole and I didnt have to worry about undercooked pasta. I used two large cubed chicken breasts that I sauteed with a little butter/EVOO before adding the chopped onion, FRESH mushrooms (I dont keep canned mushrooms on hand) and some fresh minced garlic in with it. This really only needed about 20 minutes in the hot oven to heat through, seeing as I pre-cooked the macaroni. We didnt really care for this as is. I think it could use some spices or something to make it a little more pleasing to the palate. Its a good start. I think using fresh chicken, fresh mushrooms and adding garlic made it a little better than written.

  • My husband and I love this dish and make it quite often. I skip the mushrooms and just use condensed cream of chicken & mushroom soup. I also used a Mexican blend cheese once and havent gone back to cheddar Sprinkle in some bacon bits for added flavor.

  • Very good base to make to your individual taste. I used sour cream instead of soup since I had none. Used half the cheese, added celery salt, cayenne pepper, lemon zest, garlic clove and fresh basil. Added fresh green peas and topped with croutons. Baked an extra 20 minutes. Very rich, but the kids liked it. I would rate 5 stars, but I know it isnt very healthy.

  • This is one of the best and easiest casseroles I have ever made.

  • A really versatile recipe We exchanged velveeta for cheddar, cream of mushroom soup for canned mushrooms, and added some crunchy onion strings as a topper.

  • Im counting calories; so, I used multigrain macaroni, fat free cheddar cheese, skim milk, and 98% fat free condensed cream of chicken soup. Still delicious I cooked the casserole for 45 minutes covered with foil, then an additional 15 minutes without and the pasta came out perfect. So easy and delicious with ingredients that dont spoil...this will definitely become a staple in my home

  • Yum Couldve used a little more time to get the noodles completely tender...ours were a bit firm. But otherwise good....simple to throw together and great flavor. P.S. The second time I made this I pre-cooked the noodles for about 5 minutes and they were perfect

  • This was simply delicious I did make some changes because of the ingredients I had on hand. I used penne instead on macaroni, and one can of cream of mushroom soup and one cream of chicken. I used half cheddar and half mozarella cheese. I also left out the mushrooms because my husband doesnt like them. I did not cook the pasta ahead of time, and it came out perfectly cooked. My whole family loved it. The great thing about the recipe is that it is adaptable to what you have in your pantry. I will definitely make it again, and probably try different combinations of pasta, cheese, and soups.

  • This was such a pleasant surprise I loved how fast this was to make. Literally took me 5 min to throw it all in a bowl and then put it the oven. I made sure to keep stirring the casserole every 10 min so that the noddles cooked evenly. I also added a little extra milk which helped the noodles along. If you have a family with little kids and need something fast and easy, this is the recipe

  • Fabulous......so creamy, total comfort food...I added a can of corn...and use chopped up grilled chicken breasts...amazing easy recipe.

  • I had the cook the casserole for about 20 minutes longer just to get the macaroni at a softness that was edible and the flavor was was bland.

  • This is such a great casserole. Its not gourmet by any means but what could be easier? My 7-yr-old nephew declared it "The best casserole EVER"

  • Very quick and easy and yummy I used one can of cream of chicken and one can of cream of mushrooms, leaving out the can of mushrooms called for in the recipe and it was great

  • Super Quick & Super Easy The whole family love this About to make it again for dinner tonight per hubbys request Im gonna switch up a bit & use a different cream of ... soup

  • Very easy and very good. I threw in some frozen chopped broccoli. Its also easy to remember the amounts, so you dont even have to get the recipe out

  • My husband took one bite of this and said "mmm, Wow" (his exact words) It really was tasty. I read the other reviews before making this, and I too substituted one of the cr. of chicken soups for a cr. of mushroom. Personally, I think it may have been a little better with both cr. of chickens. Maybe a little richer? Oh, and Yes. My macaroni was perfectly done. Thanks

  • Very good and very easy. Almost no time to put it together - great for a busy mom. Basic recipe can be adapted a hundred ways based on what you have on hand. I added peas, will probably try with broccoli next time. I picked over a leftover roast chicken instead of cans. Ill keep this recipe on hand for leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. I also topped the dish with a little more shredded cheese when it came out of the oven. Yum

  • This was a very easy recipe to make with excellent results. My husband loved it. I substituted a can of cream of mushroom soup for one of the chicken and used leftover cooked chicken. Adding salt and pepper brings out the flavours. I will definately make this again.

  • This was pretty good. Kinda like mac and cheese with chicken and veggies. Better than tuna casserole. I used fresh chicken that I boiled with some garlic and spices, added broccoli, parboiled the macaroni and crushed croutons/cheddar on top the last 10 minutes of baking. It was even better the next day too. I froze a couple of individual containers for when Im out of food.

  • Surprisingly good and easy

  • Fast easy and delicious.I did take a few liberties with this... I didnt have elbow, so I used mini penne. I did one up of sharp cheddar and 1 cup mild cheddar. Added some salt and pepper, and a clove or so of minced garlic. I will add less salt next time. I cooked for 50 minutes. Adding the french fried onions in the last 10 minutes of cooking. I also used a 15oz can of canned chicken because thats what I had on hand... more chicken = better right?I would make this again for sure

  • I substituted corn for mushrooms & cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken. Also followed the advice of other posts & covered with foil for 45 minutes then added french fried onions for 10 minutes. It was great

  • Very very easy, very tasty my son and husband both liked this one, a keeper

  • This recipe is awesome. I made it exactly as it is written but did not add onions or mushrooms. The noodles were perfect and it was not runny at all. It came out perfect.

  • This is a great comfort food and was very well liked in our home, even my picky husband ate it. I did forget the onions, probably a good thing since nobody in my family likes onions except myself. I added fresh chopped broccoli and some extra cheese. I also topped the dish with cheese just before removing from the oven. Like others, I cooked the noodles for about 5 minutes before mixing everything together. I covered with foil while baking. It turned out great. This casserole will become a staple in our home.

  • Very quick and pretty good. Based on other reviews I cooked my pasta about 5 minutes and then put it in. Could use a bit more of something as its a bit bland. Will make again and experiment.

  • My hubby and I really enjoyed this. I was so hesitant because we dont really like casseroles, but I had stuff that needed to be used so I did it. I did change a few things...I used half cheddar and half parmasan cheese. I added seasoned salt, black pepper, celery seed and worchestershire sauce. I also added frozen vegie mix because I just have to have vegies. I also covered with tin foil and stirred at about 35 mins and left uncovered. Mine actually took close to 1hr and 15 mins before the noodles were done. The last 10 mins, I added crushed ritz crackers with melted butter. It makes a lot and we only made half the recipe. So if you are making this for two people or a family with one child, half the recipe It was so yummy. I even ate it for lunch today. I thought of a great alternative for an adult crowd or party....add a can of chopped artichoke hearts and some diced up red peppers. Thank you so much for the recipe. It is a keeper

  • I was worried that this wouldnt have enough flavor for my family, but it really was great We did add a buttery cracker topping. Yum

  • Excellent casserole. Only changes I made was to add salt, pepper & a little onion powder to mixture in bowl and did not use sliced mushrooms, as I didnt have on hand. Baked casserole at 350 for 45 minutes covered with foil, then removed foil and baked another 15-20 minutes. I did not pre-cook macaroni at all & it came out absolutely perfect. After the first 45 minutes of baking I stirred casserole to mix up macaroni, as to not have any crunchy macaroni on top. This turned out fabulous and my entire family LOVED IT Thanks for a great recipe.

  • Mmmmm-mmmmmmm good I exchanged one of the cans of cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom because I didnt have any mushrooms in my cupboard. It was good My family LOVED it I will definitely make this one again

  • Excellent comfort food, and simple to make. I followed the directions as specified (minus mushrooms, which I didnt have). Followed others suggestion to cover with foil for the first 20 minutes, then stirred and topped with french fried onions. It was a big hit with my wife.

  • Quick & Easy I stirred 1/2 way through baking it...noodles turned out perfect. I omitted the mushrooms & onions. I substitued 1 of the cream of chicken cans for 1 cream of mushroom. I also put a little salt and pepper. The taste reminds me of a tuna noodle casserole dish.

  • Ive made this a few times now. I would recommend stirring the casserole about half way through so that the noodles on top get completely cooked. Ive tried this recipe using broccoli instead of mushrooms and it works quite well.

  • Just made this for lunch. Hubby almost never takes leftovers to work. He had seconds AND asked to take the left over to work. Fallow it to the T only I halfed it.

  • This was good. Even after a few changes this was still missing something. I took 3 boneless chicken breast and cubed them. Added them to a frying pan with melted butter and then added salt, pepper, minced garlic and paprika. Also chopped and added the onion. Once cooked I combined all ingredients and added a little more salt and pepper and 1/2 cup sour cream. I cooked at 350 covered with foil for 40 minutes, removed and stirred as others suggested. Noodles were no where near cooked and the soup had thickened so I added a bit more milk. Cooked for another 20 minutes and the noodles were perfect. Added ritz cracker crumbs to top and baked for 10 more minutes to brown. My daughter is eating it so its a keeper.

  • So easy I agree with other reviewers, this does have a very similar taste to Tuna Casserole. My sons and husband rated it as a "worth making again" dinner. I loved the quick to put together aspect. I added a polybag of green beans and next time will try broccoli. I think Ill use one can of Cheddar Cheese soup instead of two Cr. of Chicken. Didnt use mushrooms. They dont add much flavor and my sons dont love them. Also, the only other change I made was that I used fresh chicken tenders. I poured half of the macaroni mix into the dish and placed the uncooked tenders on top and then poured the rest of the macaroni mix on top. Covered and cooked 50 mins at 350 degrees. Nothing was dry. The chicken cooked up perfectly...why bother to use cooked chicken when your cooking the dish that long anyway? Thanks for this recipe, Sandy.

  • Excellent A few changes I made: used 1 (13 oz) can chunk white chicken, 1 (26 oz) cream of mushroom soup, 1 (12 oz) bag frozen mixed veggies, increased the milk to 2 1/2c and sauteed the onions. I also added black pepper, white pepper and garlic powder. I cooked covered for 1 hour, mixing a couple times during cooking, then uncovered and cooked 10 more minutes. I added a sleeve of crumbled Ritz crackers drizzled with melted butter and broiled for a couple of minutes until browned -delicious I highly recommend the addition of mixed veggies (I also omitted the mushrooms because I didnt have any)

  • Loved this recipe. I used canned chicken which was fine but next time I will use packaged chicken breast. Also used fresh mushrooms instead of canned. I substituted cream of celery soup. Cooked the noodles first. Turned out great. Definitely a keeper.

  • Just tried this recipe last night and we were impressed. It is much like adding chicken to macaroni and cheese. An excellent change of pace if you are getting bored with your usual week night dinners. My husband even requested the left-overs in his lunch today. Thanks for sharing this one

  • This is a five star recipe because my husband said,"Wow that was really good." He will eat anything and likes most things but reserves his wows for only really tasty dishes. Plus this is a very easy dish to make. It takes less than 10 minutes to through it together and then you toss it in the oven for 45 minutes. Both of the times I have made this I didnt have the mushrooms or onion and it turned out fine. If you do use them they will only make this dish better, Im sure. This dish also seems like it can take extra ingredients quite well. You could add broccoli, peas, red bell pepper, or whatever to make a little more nutritious. Anyway this is a great recipe. I highly recommend it.

  • I made this casserole for a potluck and it was very easy & yummy. I used 1 can each of cream of chicken & cream of celery soup. Precooked noodles to cut down baking time. Used cooked & shredded chicken instead of canned. I baked it uncovered just to bubbly & brown. I had some leftover so took it for lunch the next day. It was just as good as the day before. I tripled the recipe as was serving a lot of people. It did just fine. Definitely recommend this as a crowd pleaser dish.

  • This was great I did stir it halfway through to make sure all the noodles cooked completely. I also added a little salt and pepper at the end because it seemed to need it. My husband said he would give it 4 or 4.5 stars... but the amazingly quick prep time made it a 5 star dish in my book. We ate almost the entire cassorole between the two of us... I couldnt stop I will definitely, definitely add this to my regular cooking list

  • I wa surprised but this is very good. I added some broccoli and turned out delicious.

  • This is my first attempt at casseroles so I have nothing to judge it against. But it was sooooo good. My husband and I both had seconds. My children didnt care for it but Ill make it again just in case it was an off night. I used an extra 2 cups of cheddar cheese and used 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of mushroom. Also added the french fried onions on top which I think gave it that extra kick of flavor. I had leftovers for three nights. Yummy

  • This is a great recipe, and unlike others, my noodles fully cooked. I didnt have canned chicken on hand, so I boiled then when done chopped 2 boneless chicken breasts. Used 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of chicken. Covered with foil (probably why my noodles were cooked) and baked for 45 minutes, stirring once half way. After 45 minutes, I removed foil and covered top with crispy french onions and baked for 10 more minutes uncovered. Yummy Thanks for the recipe =o)

  • I appreciate the ease of this dish and the flavor was good, but not great. It was a heavy dish and it seemed like it was missing somthing. I even added some garlic powder, but apparently not enough.

  • I thought this casserole was really great. I cooked and cubed fresh chicken breasts instead of using canned chicken. And I added frozen peas and carrots, and instead of 2 cans of cream of chicken, I used one chicken and one mushroom...it turned out wonderful. My husband, who hates mushrooms, didnt know it was mushroom and had two helpings of this.

  • This was great All 5 of my kids loved it I used a jar of Alfredo Sauce instead of cheddar cheese and no onions cause thats what i had on hand. I will be making this again

  • I make this about once a month because its so easy. The last time I went to make it I didnt have enough milk so I added 1 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of water. It came out creamier with a little bit of tang from the sour cream. I also sprinkle the top with more shredded cheese to make sure any macaroni sticking up gets covered and cooks.

  • I was in a hurry to make something for dinner and searched for a recipe containing "canned chicken" when I found this. What a great find It was fast, easy and a great "comfort food" for a cold day. I made a couple of substitutions simply because I had to use what was on hand. I used almond milk, whole wheat macaroni noodles, fresh mushrooms, and substituted 1 cup plain yogurt for one of the creamy soups. Hopefully, this made it a bit healthier. I did have to cook it about 15 minutes longer-possibly because of the yogurt making it a bit more "soupy". It was delicious Thanks for sharing

  • Very good recipe. I used baby shells instead of elbow macaroni and the pasta came out perfectly cooked. I also used the 1 can cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of chicken and omitted the mushrooms because my kids dont like them. This recipe turned out really good and tasty. Oh, and I didnt have canned chicken so I used canned tuna I think next time I will double this recipe, four kids ate the whole thing

  • Pretty good stuff. I didnt even measure the cheddar cheese, I just dumped a bunch in. I cooked the macaroni about 4 minutes, drained it and then added it to the casserole. I also put crushed potato chips on top. Yum

  • Not really my type of dish. I omitted the onions but otherwise left the rest as called for. My boyfriend liked it just fine but I just did not enjoy it at all.

  • This dish was absolutely yummy It was so simple to make. I stirred the dish half way through the cooking process so that there would not be any uncooked macaroni. I also added some extra cheese and crispy onions on top for the last 5 minutes of cooking. I was in heaven with each bite I took. My 6 year old son even loved it and hes very picky when it comes to food.

  • It is possible to do this without all of the processed goods--which I think makes it taste MUCH better. I made "cream of chicken soup from scratch" on this website (using half and half). Because my husband has a gluten sensitivity, we used gluten-free quinoa rotini pasta. I chopped fresh mushrooms and carrots, added some frozen green peas, and used chicken pulled off of a leftover roast chicken plus some "mexican" shredded cheese. I only added an extra 1/2 cup of half-and-half. And I covered it and made sure to stir it twice--once at 22 minutes, and again after another 20 minutes. Then I took off the foil and let it cook for another 10 minutes. The noodles were cooked well, and everything was delicious.

  • This recipe is very good - prep time is next to nothing...Next time I will use fresh diced chicken breast (although the family thought it was great as is).

  • I made this for a potluck, because I was tired of serving sub-par dishes at potlucks and I really wanted to serve something nice this time. This was easy to make, made a very nice presentation, and disappeared completely in no time at all. I had some and it was awesome My husband could not believe how fast it went. I took the advice of some others and baked foil covered for 30 minutes, then topped with Frenchs onions and cooked uncovered for an additional 20-25 minutes. Yielded a huge amount. Will make again

  • My family really enjoyed it And it was SO easy

  • This was so delicious. I stirred it a few times while it was baking so all the macaroni cooked. It came out great. I will make this again.

  • This recipe was ok. My husband said it was an expensive chicken noodle casserole, since canned chicken is SO expensive in Hawaii. Ill probably used chicken breast next time.

  • This was really tasty and very easy to make. I replaced the mushrooms with broccoli and would probably like to add more veggies next time. I followed others advice and stirred it half way through baking and had no problem with crunchy noodles. This is a very stick to your ribs kind of meal, so I probably cant make it too often, sadly.

  • I think it needed the macaroni cooked slightly as one reviewer said. I did not cook it first and mine turned out kind of firm, not soft as it should be and I even covered it in the oven. This reminded me of a bad tuna casserole , even though it had canned chicken in it.needless to say , I will not fix again

  • It is better to pre-cook the macaroni, and boil the canned chicken,in some water.(it gets salty if you dont) and it didnt say to drain the canned mushrooms,so please do. also, rice and corkscrew pasta works well, as does scalloped potatoes.

  • This is a great recipe and very quick and easy to make. I did take a few suggestions from others. I used 3 c. rotelle pasta, 3 (5 oz.) cans chicken, 2 1/4 c. milk, had no mushrooms but did use cream of chicken & mushroom soup, also added a little salt, pepper and garlic. I baked it for 1 hour covered (stirring twice) then added a little cheese to the top and baked an additional 15 minutes. It turned out perfect. My family loved it. Will definitely make again

  • Easy, filling, quick, cheap Awesome for the lazy college kid ;) and the ingredients leave a lot of wiggle room. I for instance, used cream of potato instead of 2 chicken, and didnt put the mushrooms or the onions in at all, but it tasted delish plan on cooking again real soon

  • The awesome part about this recipe is that you can toss any kind of meat or veggies in and its still delicious. I put ham and broccoli that was left over from a dinner, added green onions and the last 5 minutes of baking I topped with French fried onions. This was sooo good P.S. I did NOT pre cook my noodles and they turned out fantastic.

  • Good casserole, my family liked it. I did cover it with foil and took the foil off the last 10 minutes, stirred and than topped with Frenchs fried onions cause it did sound good. Next time I wont add the canned chicken though, my husband didnt really car of the chicken in it.

  • We found this to be very bland and I didnt think the chicken went well in this recipe at all. Sorry. Unfortunately, it could have used some spices, but because all the ingredients are dumped into a bowl, cold, it is impossible to taste test this before it is finally dumped, again, into the casserole and baked.

  • Easy, inexpensive and quick re time. Followed advice of others and substituted 1 can of cream of chicken soup with cream of mushroom, added a little salt and pepper and baked with alum foil cover for 45 mins, took off foil and cooked 15 more mins. Added can of French fried onions on top and baked for another 10 mins. Came out perfectly. Took it to a potluck; Everybody loved it. (orig 45 min baking time was not enough to cook the macaroni noodles, so the additional 25 mins worked great.

  • This was surprisingly good. I didnt use canned chicken, but I had cooked chicken I needed to use up. I didnt have mushrooms on hand and it still had a good flavor. Also, based on others review I cooked my elbow macaroni for four minutes first and it didnt turn out crunchy.

  • This recipe was very good. It came out better than I thought it would after I first read the recipe. Other than using cooked chicken breast instead of the canned chicken, I followed the recipe as written. It was very tasty, yet very easy I will definitely make this again

  • This was very good. It reminde me for tuna casserole except with chicken. 3 out out of 4 of my children ate it, which is very good alot of others recipes on here only get 1or 2 of my kids to eat it, My only change would be to add more chedder cheese, not enough for us Thanks Sandy, will be making again

  • This recipe is the ultimate "comfort food". It is so versatile,& would taste great w/ tuna, or just vegtables. I used the 2 cans of chx soup,cooked mac for 5 min,added oregano,salt,pepper, & x-tra cheese. I also added buttered & browned crackers to top last 5 min. I highly recommend the crackers or something crunchy on the top, as it took it from good to great Thanks Sandy Will use this as a staple dish for many years,& will have fun "tweaking" according to my mood

  • My family loves this recipe and it freezes great

  • Very good I added corn and a halved the recipe and it was great I also added the french fried onions and my hubby loved it :)

  • Not my favorite. I can see making something like this with a homemade white sauce that would taste much better than cans of soup. I used the "healthy request" cream of chicken and mushroom and I sauteed the onion and added green pepper before mixing. I also used fresh chicken breasts and pre-cooked the noodles a bit. Its just too thick and fake tasting for me. No matter how you change it, its still a canned soup recipe - and it tastes like one.

  • Ok flavor, but the macaroni was chewy and the whole casserole was too runny for a casserole.

  • I traded one of the cans of soup for cream of mushroom. I covered the dish with foil for the first 30 minutes, then uncovered, stirred it and topped with a can of French Fried Onions and baked the final 15 minutes. It turned out SO good

  • Pretty good Easy to add different ingredients to change it up. Will make it again.

  • Yummy The husband wants to save this one

  • This was pretty good, albeit a bit rich...i think it was missing a little something, it was a little plain, but good comfort food. my daughter and husband both loved it. i had no problems with the noodles not being done like some people did. thanks

  • This was gooooooooood I used rotini instead of elbow mac (just like it better) and I left out the mushrooms (dont like them). I used one large chicken breast seasoned with garlic and onion salt (instead of canned chicken), and cooked it in a skillet in a dab of olive oil. I sauteed my onion and some minced garlic with the chicken when it was almost done. I then shredded the chicken breast and mixed everything together as called for in the recipe, along with some garlic powder, onion powder, and a dab of liquid smoke. Baked 40 minutes at 350, then 10 at 400, then topped with some crushed croutons and shredded cheese, then baked another 10 at 400. It will seem a little soupy at first, but its not by the time its done cooking, so I originally made a note to reduce the amount of liquid next time, but dont do it It doesnt need it and will be too dry if you do. This stuff is DELICIOUS and will be a regular in our house

  • An excellent casserole... very filling and easy to make... heats up nicely too

  • Im not the casserole type, but this was super good Total comfort food. My family ate so much there were no leftovers

  • From a mans point of view (I cooked this last night) this was / is a big hit. Very yummy and my picky 16 year old lanky teen ate a second helping. My wife loved it also and agrees that its a keeper. Very easy to prepare and the macaroni was done to perfection. I used mild cheddar and 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of celery (I improvised) and a 10 oz can of stems and pieces mushrooms. Other than that I followed the recipe.

  • Yummy My picky family loves this. CHANGES: 1 can Cream Chicken and 1 can Cream Mushroom. Also, I added garlic and onion powder to the mixture. Ive made several times with NO under-cooked noodles (I use elbow or rotini). Just cover with foil for 30min, stir and uncover for remainder. Great w/ cracker topping Thanks for this easy recipe

  • Tasty and easy My 5 year old, who loves to help, practically assembled it on his own and both kids LOVED it. We cut up two cooked chicken breasts and added a tiny bit of garlic powder and dried basil. Fantastic, Sandy, thanks

  • This is very tasty and easy. Good to just throw together, put in the oven, make a salad and have an easy meal. We will make it again.

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: